Brown Reminds Area Businesses, Potential Entrepreneurs of Financing Seminar
SMITHFIELD TWP. – Rep. Rosemary M. Brown (R-Monroe/Pike) today reminded local business owners and potential entrepreneurs to attend a Business Financing Seminar on Friday, Oct. 12.
“Since our initial announcement of this Business Financing Seminar, we have added two additional speakers to our lineup, and they will discuss financing programs and opportunities and will be able to answer questions of existing business owners or those who are eager to start their own enterprises,” Brown said. “This event is not to be missed for those who are interested in finding out more about the wealth of information, programs and services that are available to them.”
The seminar will feature presentations on business financing and support opportunities by:
• Scott Dunkelberger - Pennsylvania Department of Community and Economic
• Chuck Leonard - Pocono Mountain Economic Development Corporation talking about
the Monroe County Revolving Loan Fund, Industrial Revenue Bonds and the
organization’s role as an industrial development corporation in regard to the
programs for which it is an applicant entity by law.
• Leigh Magnotta - Metro Action.
• Thomas Pellegrini - Northeastern PA Alliance talking about revolving loan fund and
• Keith Yurgosky - University of Scranton’s Small Business Development Center
(SBDC) focusing his presentation on preparing to meet with a lender, knowing
consolidation vs. debt settlement, and the SBDC’s assistance programs.
• Michael J. Sullivan - Pike County Chamber of Commerce speaking about working
with commercial banks, USDA loans, sources for traditional business startups and
marketing ideas to potential angel investors.
The seminar will begin at 9:30 a.m. in the second floor public meeting room of the Smithfield Township Building, located at 1155 Red Fox Road, East Stroudsburg.
Reservations are encouraged but not required by calling (570) 420-8301.
State Representative Rosemary M. Brown
189th District, Pennsylvania House of Representatives
Media Contact: Jennifer Keaton