HARRISBURG – Rep. Rosemary Brown (R-Monroe/Pike) announced that the East Stroudsburg Area School District (ESASD) was awarded $88,571 in competitive grants to upgrade and improve their cafeterias.
“Our students rely on being provided nutritious breakfasts and lunches during their school day, so it is always important that school cafeterias are operating correctly and efficiently,” said Brown. “I am glad to see that East Stroudsburg Area School District will benefit from these grants while not taking money from their budgets.”
The schools that received funding are as follows:
• Bushkill Elementary, $17,151 – installing new double stack steamer.
• J.M. Hill Elementary, $11,397 – installing new hot/cold serving line.
• Middle Smithfield Elementary, $35,795 – installing walk-in box freezer.
• Smithfield Elementary, $17,151 – installing new double stack steamer.
• East Stroudsburg Elementary, $7,077 – installing new convection oven.
Funding for the grants is made available through the U.S. Department of Agriculture and is awarded to schools which participate in the National School Lunch Program and have 50% or more of students eligible for free or reduced-price meals. Schools often use the grants to purchase new refrigerators, freezers, stoves and dishwashers.
Representative Rosemary M. Brown
Pennsylvania House of Representatives
Media Contact: Abby Krueger