– Rep. Rosemary M. Brown (R-Monroe/Pike) will be hosting a REAL ID Pre-Verification Assistance Event on Monday, Oct. 7, from 10 a.m. to noon at the Monroe County Safety Center, 100 Gypsum Road, Stroudsburg
. Residents must go through a pre-verification process first in order to obtain a REAL ID, which is now available for purchase through PennDOT.
“The purpose of this pre-verification event is to make the process faster and easier for residents who are looking to obtain a REAL ID so they can avoid long waiting lines at their local driver’s license centers,” said Brown.
Those wishing to attend this event will need the following documentation in order to be pre-verified:
• Proof of identity, such as an original or certified copy of your birth certificate with a raised or embossed seal, or a valid U.S. passport or passport card. Birth certificates with a sticker rather than an embossed seal won’t be accepted.
• Proof of Social Security number by providing your Social Security card. The name on the card must match the name on your current driver license or photo identification card.
• Proof of legal name changes, such as marriage certificates or court orders issued by a family court. You must have documentation to show all name changes from your original name on your birth certificate to your current name.
• Proof of current, physical address, such as your current, unexpired driver license or state-issued ID card, vehicle registration or utility bill. TWO forms of proof must be provided.
When attending this event, residents will enter with their documents and take a number. PennDOT employees will be on hand to help answer questions. Once their number is called, residents will go up and begin the pre-verification process, which includes scanning their documentation and adding it to the PennDOT file. The employee will then note that the documents have been verified. When complete, they may, at their convenience, order their REAL ID online or at their local PennDOT driver license center.
Registration is required for this event. Anyone interested in attending must RSVP to Brown’s district office at 570-420-8301.
For further information on REAL ID documentation requirements, residents can visit dmv.pa.gov/REALID
Representative Rosemary M. Brown
Pennsylvania House of Representatives
Media Contact: Abby Krueger